Select Your Size
Mochi Mojaris for Women - Glam it up!
India is an endless treasure of art; from its narrow lanes to modern developing cities, you will find stunning pieces of art in unique forms. One such eye-catching accessory is our range of mojaris for women that are nothing less than fabulous. These mojaris are hand-stitched leather shoes, decorated with lace, mirrors, beads and hand embroidery.
The mojari is recorded to have first been used by Indian royalty, back in the 16th century. These mojaris for women were elaborately designed shoes, heavily crafted with gold, silver, pearls and gemstones. With time, however, women’s mojaris were toned down considerably to better suit the general public. Women's mojaris are incredibly comfortable and if you don’t already own a pair, it’s time for you to pick one at the earliest.
Ethnic essentials in footwear:
Nowadays, ethnic women’s shoes are created using intricate embroidery techniques that involve various elements such as silk threads, beads and sequins. To make it more appealing to the modern palette, designers use contemporary styling in women’s mojaris by adding a bit of quirky and edgy add-ons. Here are some examples:
- Mojaris for women are available in various shapes, namely the round toe, small toe and pointed toe, and bright colours with tanned leather forming the base.
- One of the major highlights in mojaris are the layers that are stitched onto the leather along with brightly coloured silk, cotton or metallic threads. These threads add a nice finishing touch to the mojari.
Dressing up with Mojaris:
Mojaris are mostly paired with Indian formal dresses such as the Punjabi suit, traditional kurta and skirts, lehenga-choli and Indo-Westerns too. These women’s shoes are known to add an instant ethnic Indian feel to your look! Here are few styling tips to keep in mind while shopping for mojaris for women online:
- Mojari women’s shoes can be worn with casual kurtas or heavy embroidered Indian suits
- You could also opt for women's mojaris while styling a kurta with jeans
- Mojaris for women are famous in many regions of north India, like Punjab and go well with most of the traditional Punjabi churidar styles.
- Get creative with your fashion and use a mix of Indo western styles when you team your mojaris with a pair of skinny jeans and an embroidered tunic.
Rajasthani mojaris for women are a remarkable example of Indian handicraft. Mojaris for women are a soft and comfortable pair of traditional footwear to slip into and are especially suited to Indian tropical weather.
Shop Mochi Mojaris for Women Online:
Start your search for quality footwear on Mochi. The array of styles and the many options of your favourite footwear will have you spoilt for choice. Find the best styles of women’s footwear and casual shoes like moccasins for men and kid’s shoes on Mochi. Our women’s mojaris save your feet from torturous heels without compromising the look of your outfits. Go fashionably ethnic this summer by pairing your Indian outfits with bright colours of handmade mojaris for women. Preserve the Indian tradition while enjoying the look and comfort of women’s mojaris. Mochi has a wide women's shoe collection waiting for you. Get started and select your pair of traditional mojaris from the mojari for women online collection by Mochi.
Women Mojaris FAQs
What is the meaning of Mojaris?
Women’s mojaris are a kind of handcrafted footwear whose origins can be traced back to the Mughal Empire in the Indian subcontinent. The shoes got popular under Emperor Jahangir aka Saleem Shah’s reign. Hence, the footwear is also known as Saleem Shahi. Ladies’ mojaris were initially decorated with gems, colourful threadwork, and a variety of embellishments. Eventually, the designs evolved over centuries, with different materials and styles being incorporated into the core design while still retaining the original essence.
Can I wear a Mojaris with a saree?
Yes, you can wear women's mojaris with a saree. Handcrafted mojaris have a mocassin-like design and a huge historical significance. Initially, the shoes were decorated with various ornaments and embellishments, but today, it is toned down, with less to no decorations for the wearer’s comfort. The shoe goes well with ethnic and semi-formal outfits.
How to style ladies Mojaris?
Women’s Mojaris are mostly paired with ethnic wear but can also be teamed with Indian formal dresses. Mojaris for women will amp up your ethnic look and make you stand out in the crowd. Here is a list of style tips you can try while buying mojaris for women online:
- Women's mojaris can be easily matched with embroidered Indian suits and casual kurtas.
- You could also style your women's mojaris with a kurta and a pair of dark coloured jeans.
- Are you a fan of Punjabi-style outfits? Your Mojaris will brilliantly complement all your churidars.
- For an Indo-western style, you can pair women’s Mojaris with a tunic top or kurti and skinny jeans.
Women Shoes | Women Casual Shoes | Women Ethnic Shoes | Women Formal Shoes | Women Party Shoes | Women Sports Shoes | Women Wedding Shoes | Women Ballerinas | Women Boots | Women Comfort Shoes | Women Gladiators | Women Kolhapuris | Women Loafers | Women Moccasin | Women Mules | Women Peep Toes | Women Pumps | Women Sandals | Women Slip On Shoes | Women Slippers | Women Sneakers | Women Walking Shoes | J Fontini Shoes | Sandals | Sports Shoes | Boots | Loafers | Sneakers | Slippers | Formal Shoes | Footwear | Casual Shoes | Flat Shoes | Kolhapuris | Moccasin | Walking Shoes | Mojari | Party Shoes | Wedding Shoes | Slip Ons | Semi Formal Shoes | Ethnic Shoes | Jutis | Wedges | Stilettos | Block Heels | Platform Heels | Kitten Heels | Flat Heels | Rainy Shoes