Select Your Size
Mochi Monk shoes - Style it up!
If you are looking for the perfect blend of casual and formal shoes then Monk shoes are the answer to all your fashion fantasies. Monk shoes are equal parts bold and stylish for the discerning modern-day fashion-conscious male, they are also a good choice of walking shoes for men. Buckles are a prominent style element in women’s footwear, as it is common of loafers for women to have a decorative buckle, and this same element serves a functional purpose in men’s monk strap shoes.
We dive into the details to see what makes these shoes such eye-catchers and the reasons why you must certainly have a pair of these in your shoe collection.
The basics of Monk Shoes:
Hailing from a history of European shoes, the first monk strap shoes were worn by monks who travelled long distances and wanted more cover and protection for their feet. Strong buckles were also a must to fasten down the leather and keep the shoe strong in all conditions.
- Men’s Monk Shoes Style: This style is a rare find because most men choose to go in for laced shoes or the casual loafers. The elite look of monk shoes sets them apart from the first glance.
- Comfortable yet glamorous: Men’s monk shoes are certainly no quaint pair of shoes. The buckle strap commands attention and the overall construction gives it a sleek and fashionable look.
Wearing the right look:
Men’s loafers and ladies Kolhapuri chappal are two versatile styles of footwear that match effortlessly well with casual and formal outfits. This is not quite the case with men’s monk shoes, a little effort goes a long way and when done right, you are sure to look your stunning best. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when wearing these spectacular shoes.
- Keep it classy: Baggy jeans, oversized T-shirts must stay in the closet. Crisp oxford shirts, well-ironed trousers, and your best leather belt is what you need.
- Bling it up: Double monk strap shoes are best worn with a matching waist belt that has a classy buckle. Metal strap wrist watches or bracelets are also an excellent way to complement the look.
- Texture Talk: Don’t be conservative when shopping for monk shoes, the material of your shoe and the texture makes a strong statement for your ensemble. Glossy monk shoes are perfect for the club and a double monk strap tan leather pair with a dotted texture is ideal for a weekend brunch.
Running shoes, sneakers, and laced formals are essentials but if you want to stand out in the crowd then monk shoes are the way to go.
Shop on Mochi for the finest in footwear:
Monk shoes carve you the niche amongst your circles to be known as the guy with fantastic taste. Carry on this exquisite taste forward for your partners by shopping the stylish range of women’s mules, men’s slippers, boys’ shoes, moccasins for women and sports shoes for women only on Mochi. We share your love for fine footwear and the customer-oriented web store is sure to give you an unmatched online shopping experience. Find the perfect pair of men’s monk shoes for your special occasions here on Mochi today!
Monk Shoes FAQs
What are monk shoes?
Monk shoes (or monk straps) are a kind of laceless dress shoes that are secured on the wearer’s feet with single or double straps. They have a minor resemblance to derby shoes, which makes them look like formalwear. But the straps overlapping the tongue area of the shoes make them stand out from the others. European monks initially wore the shoes for covering and protecting their feet during long-distance voyages, hence their name.
Are monk strap shoes formal footwear?
Monk strap shoes are considered both formal as well as casual footwear. The derby style design of the monk shoes makes it more suitable to pair with all your formal outfits. Also, the distinctive upper quarter style that overlaps the tongue of the shoes adds more chicness to your formal ensemble.
What are the best men's outfits to wear with monk strap shoes?
The versatility and comfort of the men’s monk strap shoes make it easy to pair them with the following outfits-
- Suits: The monk shoes can be paired with a well-tailored suit in grey, charcoal, navy or beige hues.
- Jeans: You can match your monk shoes with dark skinny jeans with solid coloured T-shirts. For a smart-casual look, you can opt for brown monk shoes and pair them with slim-fit jeans and a dress shirt.
- Tuxedos: For black tie events, pair double monk strap shoes with stylish tuxedos. Also, consider pairing the monk shoes with matching bow tie and pocket squares to complete your evening ensemble.
Men Casual Shoes | Men Ethnic Shoes | Men Formal Shoes | Men Sports Shoes | Men Boots | Men Brogue Shoes | Men Derby Shoes | Men Jutis | Men Kolhapuris Shoes | Men Loafers | Men Moccasin | Men Mojaris | Men Oxford Shoes | Men Pathanis Shoes | Men Sandals | Men Slip Ons | Men Slippers | Men Sneakers | Men Thong Shoes | Men Running Shoes | Men Walking Shoes | Men Shoes | Sandals | Sports Shoes | Boots | Loafers | Sneakers | Slippers | Formal Shoes | Casual Shoes | Flats | Kolhapuri | Moccasin | Walking Shoes | Mojari | Party Shoes | Wedding Shoes | Slip Ons | Semi Formal Shoes | Ethnic Shoes | Jutis