Select Your Size
Mochi Men Brogues - For a sophisticated look
The world of men’s footwear is wide open with numerous choices. A truly stylish gentleman is one who explores these choices and has an expansive wardrobe. Men's brogues are the most ornate choice in dress shoes for the discerning man, and there are plenty of reasons why you should own a pair of these formal shoes for men. Go beyond the routine of plain leather shoes and bring about a rich finesse to your fashion sense by adding an elegant pair of Men's Brogues shoes to your footwear collection. We explore the style of Men's Brogues and take a closer look at the variations, history and best ways to rock these dress shoes.
Insights into Men's Brogues Design
Men's Brogues shoes can trace their origins to an Irish heritage that started as informal shoes. Today, brogue shoes for men have shifted away from their informal identity and are considered to be a favourite for black tie events.
- Details in Design: Brogues refer to the design on the shoe rather than a style of shoes. The perforated patterns on the leather are what makes the shoe a brogue. The distinct design on the mens leather brogues could be limited to the front section of the shoes or have a uniform pattern running along the seams of the leather.
- Comfort and style: Men's Brogues shoes are almost identical to oxfords and men’s derby shoes, what sets them apart is the design and tanning of the hide. Men’s leather brogues in derby style laces are a fine choice for long days. The heel is a prominent feature of brogues shoes for men and this gives your stance a lift and adds up as a highlight of the style.
Wearing brogues right:
It is easy to distinguish between men’s casual shoes and formal brogues. Pair the right one with your ensemble and you are sure to have compliments coming your way. Keep in mind the following pointers to wear Men's Brogue shoes right.
- Formal Attire: Black brogues shoes for men are ideal for those who prefer a more discreet style. Men’s brown brogue shoes go effortlessly well with lighter or neutral shades of clothing. Grey, navy blue, dark green, and checkered trousers are suited with brown and men’s tan brogues shoes.
- Smart Casuals: Trousers and chinos are best worn with a pair of men’s tan brogue shoes. This shade has a more casual undertone as compared to black brogue shoes for men. If you are wearing jeans, then mens suede brogues are the way to go. However, make sure your fold your jeans at the ankle for a more relaxed look.
- Colour contrast: Men’s tan brogue shoes are bright and eye-catching. If you are looking to make your shoes the main highlight of your ensemble, then shop for formal shoes for men like brogues in glossy textures and colours like burgundy and navy blue.
Shop the finest footwear on Mochi:
Shopping shoes online is a great way to cover many styles. Just pick the right look and compare your options. Know why Mochi shoes is a favourite destination for ethnic footwear for men and formal shoes for women. The array of options will leave you awestruck and you are most certainly be spoiled for choice. Come find the pairs you are looking for in formal shoes for men and fun casual shoes for women like loafers and ballerinas. Shop quality fashion footwear on Mochi today!
Men’s Brogues - FAQs
Can you wear brogues to a wedding?
Yes, men’s brogues can be worn at weddings and reception ceremonies i.e. formal events. The versatility of the shoes makes them easy to pair with regular button-down shirts and pants or a well-tailored suit. In terms of styling, consider opting for black brogue shoes for men, as it can pair well with many outfits designed for special occasions. You can also go for men's brown brogues as an alternative to black shoes and pair with belts and accessories of the same colour.
Why do brogues have holes?
Initially, the holes were meant to drain out water from shoes and keep users’ feet dry and airy, as people used to walk in muddy lands. Eventually, the holes in men’s brogues evolved to become a staple in the fashion industry.
Are brogues still in fashion?
Yes, brogues shoes for men are still in fashion. The minimalist look and feel of men’s brogues have garnered praise and admiration in the fashion industry in recent years. Also, the versatility and the ornamentation make men’s brogue shoes the must-have footwear in everyone’s wardrobe.
Are Oxford brogues considered formal?
Yes, Oxford brogues are considered to be formal shoes. However, men’s Oxford brogues come in different colours and variations that can give them an appearance of semi-formal footwear. This makes Oxford brogues a great choice to pair with casual as well as formal outfits.
Men Casual Shoes | Men Ethnic Shoes | Men Formal Shoes | Men Sports Shoes | Men Boots | Men Derby Shoes | Men Jutis | Men Kolhapuris Shoes | Men Loafers | Men Moccasin | Men Mojaris | Men Monk Shoes | Men Oxford Shoes | Men Pathanis Shoes | Men Sandals | Men Slip Ons | Men Slippers | Men Sneakers | Men Thong Shoes | Men Running Shoes | Men Walking Shoes | Men Shoes | Sandals | Sports Shoes | Boots | Loafers | Sneakers | Slippers | Formal Shoes | Casual Shoes | Flats | Kolhapuri | Moccasin | Walking Shoes | Mojari | Party Shoes | Wedding Shoes | Slip Ons | Semi Formal Shoes | Ethnic Shoes | Jutis