Mochi Socks - The Perfect Partner to Shoes
Socks refer to a piece of clothing that is used to cover the feet. In many designs, socks also tend to cover the ankles as well as a portion of the calves. They are normally worn before wearing a pair of shoes or boots, acting as an extra layer of protection.
History of Socks
They have been around for centuries with one of the earliest mentions of socks being in Greece during 8th century B.C. Till the 16th century, they were sewn by hand. But the invention of the knitting machine accelerated the process which made hand-knitting nearly obsolete.
Types of socks available nowadays
Initially, wool socks, along with cotton and silk, were prevalent choices. However, since the Industrial Revolution, a wide range of fabrics have been used to create them. Some of the popular variants that include nylon, acrylic and polyester.
On Mochi, you can find a wide range of designs in socks, along with the fabrics. Among them, solid coloured options continue to be the formal choice. However, when it comes to diversity in patterns, you can expect a lot of eye-catching stripes and checked patterns in colourful combinations.
How to Pair Socks with Different Outfit Styles?
The choice in pairing socks with a certain outfit or shoe can make all the difference in making or breaking a look. Hence, one must take immense care when it comes to the picking and pairing process. To help you with the same, here are some easy tips which men and women could consider.
- It is recommending to avoid a clash of patterns between your outfits and socks. For example, if you are wearing a pair of trousers that feature a checkered pattern, avoid going for socks in a similar style. However, since most trousers are more on the solid scale, hence, it is fine to go bold with patterns in socks.
- However, the rule mentioned above can be bent to include belts. An interesting way to highlight your socks would be to get a pattern that is same or similar to your tie or pocket square.
- Your choice in shoes would also have an influence on the socks you choose. For example, you can go wild with experimentation when it comes to casual variants. However, when it comes to simple and formal styles, it is the exact opposite, sticking to muted solid colours.
- For a classic tried-and-tested style, opt for ankle socks and pair them with sneakers or any other sports shoes. You could keep it simple with white options or go diverse with dressy styles featuring prints or lace trim.
- If you wish to opt for a more mature and formal look, pair basic cotton ones with a loafer or oxford. In the case of black oxford, you could easily stick to black options for the best effect.
- High knee styles are always known to make a bold style statement, providing extra dimension and texture to your overall look. Due to its prominence, it is always important to carefully select the right colour in this style. In case they are new to you, stick to solid neutrals colours such as black, grey, brown and off-white.
Buy Socks Online on Mochi
On Mochi, you shall come across a wide range of simple and designer socks, suited varied requirements and fashion tastes.
Apart from the variety of socks online, Mochi is particularly known for its vast collection of footwear and accessories. While the footwear collection includes the ones mentioned in this article and more, the accessory range too is equally expansive. For example, you can find the collection of bags for women will leave you in awe with its styles and patterns. The range of belts will hold up the expectations you have from the accessory.
The list keeps going on and on. Hence, sign up to Mochi right away to dive into the collection and find the best pick for yourself.
Men’s socks - FAQs
What are the different lengths of socks for men?
Here is a list of the different lengths of men’s socks:
- Ankle-length socks are perfect to use with low-cut shoes, such as loafers, boat shoes, and oxfords. They are also considered as no-show or short socks for men for their size.
- Knee-length socks offer full protection in harsh weather and during outdoor activities.
- Full-length socks cover the ankles of your feet and are more suitable to wear with formal shoes.
- Calf-length socks are suitable to wear with casual outfits.
- Mid-calf length socks are usually preferred with work attire.
- Crew-length socks are six to eight inches long and go well with dress shoes.
- Quarter-length socks cover the ankles of users and are very helpful in avoiding blisters.
What length socks should I wear with formals?
Calf, mid-calf, and crew length are the most recommended measurement of socks to pair with your formals. They are considered as few of the best socks for men as they can be paired with all types of formal outfits. Also, consider wearing ankle-length socks if you choose to go with loafers or slip-on shoes.
How do I choose good socks?
Before buying socks, you need to consider some essential things. Make sure to check their length, material, sizes, and purpose of wear before getting them. Even though you choose quality shoes from Mochi, you have to make sure that you have a good pair of men’s socks to team them with.
Can you wear black socks with white shoes?
Yes, you can wear black socks with white shoes. But you need to ensure that the men’s socks are of ankle length or peep out of your shoes. Also, you should consider pairing men’s ankle socks with the right outfit to look stylish.
Accessories | Men Bags | Men Belts | Women Bags | Women Mobile Covers | Women Wallets | Shoe Brush | Shoe Cream | Cream Polish | Shoe Deos | Shoehorn | Shoe Spray | Shoe Kit | Foot Spray | Shoe Care | Foot Care | Women Belts | Men Accessories | Women Accessories | Herbal Body Spray | Mobile Covers | Belts | Bags | Socks | Wallets | Zeolite Foot Spray | Liquid Polish | Shoe Shampoo | Foot File